Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I love these fish

Clark and Hector have been home for over a year now, can you beat that?
They are the best fish (besides Percy, may he rest in peace) ever.
When I'm feeling down, they always manage to cheer me up.

Clark - He's a little greedy gus, wanting to eat every time I turn on the kitchen light. Sometimes he almost jumps out of the tank if he thinks I'm about to feed him. He's more active than Hector, but he also takes a little longer to 'wake up' if the light's been out and I turn it on in the evening.
He changed color from when I got him to now, but I still think he is the fattest, most mischevious goldfish I've ever known.

Hector - A most patient little fish. I hope he forgives me for being so fish-keeping inept his first weeks in the house. He's had some major health challenges this past year, which has really worried me, but so far he has overcome them without any lasting problems, except a couple unsightly scars, but hey, that's character-building, right?
He isn't very active, preferring to stay in one place close to Clark's tank most of the time. He's not much of an eater but he makes up for it in scavenging. He's very good at scavenging.
The fish have made my apartment seem more like a home this past year.
It's nice to come home from a trip and see them waiting for me (to feed them. I know the score!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home